Come together with other campaigners for a UK where no one has to go to bed hungry
Tuesday 17 October 2017
10:00 – 15:30
Central Hall Westminster, London
If you’re working for food justice in your community, join us on 17 October. You’ll learn about plans for the End Hunger UK campaign in 2018, and how you can help build cross-party support in Parliament for ending hunger in the UK. There will be high-profile speakers, policy discussion, and workshops to give you the skills you need to help build a powerful movement for food justice where you are.
Topics for panel sessions will include:
- Who is responsible for ending hunger in the UK?
- Tackling childhood hunger/365 day food provision for young people;
- Preventing destitution/reforming Universal Credit and sanctions;
- Measuring the scale of household food insecurity in the UK
Workshop sessions will include:
- How to build a local End Hunger campaign;
- How to build a positive engagement with your MP
- Developing a local food poverty profile
- How to successfully engage with the media
- How to engage people with experience of food poverty in the campaign